I made a delicious black bean salad for Girls Night Out on Saturday. I had been drooling over this picture on Pinterest but knew my kids would never eat it.
The recipe is so fast and easy. It literally took me 10 minutes to make. And is so healthy!
- 1 15.5 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 9 oz frozen (or canned) corn, thawed
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup red or white onion, diced
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- Mexican chili powder, a few pinches
Combine beans, corn, tomato, onion, scallion, cilantro, chili powder, salt and pepper. Mix with lime juice and olive oil. Marinate in the refrigerator 30 minutes. Add avocado before serving.