This... is the state of my bedroom every. single. morning.
The sleep situation goes a little like this in my home.
- I fall into bed sometime between 11:30 and midnight. Owen wakes up shortly after that and nurses and then I attempt to put him back in his crib. Success happens about every two nights or so.
- Usually, about an hour after that, Avery wakes me up and wants a blanket and pillow to sleep on my floor. Evan comes in at some point and thankfully brings his own blanket and pillow.
- Around 3:30, Owen wakes back up to eat... and then definitely wants to be put in my bed to sleep.
- He is typically awakened again shortly thereafter by Avery, who often talks, screams, or fights with her brothers in her sleep.
- Once everyone is calmed down and back asleep we get about another hour before Jarrod wakes up for work.
- Owen is then back up at 6:30 to eat and is usually up for the day.
And I am exhausted. I'm trying to find the fine line between just building a home with one very large master bedroom and locking my bedroom door at night. Lol. Obviously, this is one part of motherhood where I have sorely failed. Part of me says they won't sleep in there forever. And the other part says forever is going to come sooner rather than later when I die of sleep deprivation.
Oh motherhood. You wear me out some days!